10 March 2011

The first one.

My friend Stephanie believes that if I wrote a travel blog, it would be interesting to read. So here it goes - lets see how long it lasts.
I guess since this is the first post, I'll start with the first plane ride I took alone. Or at least the first plane ride I recall taking alone.

I was visiting my grandparents down in Harligen, TX. As I recall, my parents drove with me down to Harligen, but then they went back home after a weekend and I spent the week there. I was 5 years old and it was my first spring break. It was then time to come home. My grandparents put me on a Southwest Airlines plane for the 30 minute flight to San Antonio. I don't remember much about the flight, but I do recall that the flight attendant let me help pass out something. In my memory I was passing out wings, but most likely she gave me wings and I passed out peanuts. So much for my memory of 5 years old.
It wasn't much of a flight, quick up and then down, but not only is it the first flight I took alone, but it's also the first flight I remember being on.

No comments:

Post a Comment