12 March 2011

to Japan, with Ai

(To note, Ai means love in Japanese)

As I watch the news and read all of the articles about the earthquake in Japan I am thinking of the incredible experience I had there this past summer. The people I met were amazing, they treated us like royalty - really so. The food was a pescaterian's dream. I got to try so many new things from Kendo to Calligraphy to Flower Arranging to Dancing in a Parade.
Now I wish to post a few photos to showcase the beauty of this land that is suffering from such a tragedy.  After seeing them, I hope you will take the time to donate to the Red Cross or other relief organizations. 

Those of you who are T-Mobile customers, this is from their Facebook feed:  To donate $10 to the American Red Cross, text "REDCROSS" to "90999". T-Mobile does not charge for this text.

Shrine in Nagaoka
My family, the Sakurai Family.
Calligraphy practice

Fireworks in Nagaoka. Each one more beautiful than the last

My close friends Noriko and Saori making my absolute favorite food: Takoyaki.

Parade in Nagaoka.


No comments:

Post a Comment