02 July 2011

Meanwhile back in Santiago....

Catching up on some things I want to say about Santiago.....
I was walking around downtown near the governmental buildings and I saw a very striking mural on a wall. what really caught my attention was the fact that looking at the mural it depicted the buildings and statue facing it. I thought "wow, cool" but didn't know why it was like that.
Fast forward a few days, I'm on the tour.... The tour guide takes us into the city hall and has us look up through the slats in the roof at this mural. He points out the three locations depicted on the mural: the supreme court, the governmental offices building and a poor neighborhood in the middle. Running through the middle is a river. Now it all appears black and white, but originally it was red. The redness signifies blood. The mural represents the plight of the poor. This mural is from the 1970's and stands still today as a reminder.....















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Santiago, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment