14 July 2012

Couch Surfing Activities

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Couch Surfing leads to amazing travel opportunities. There is the obvious one - where a traveler stays with a host for free. I did surf while I was in Bucharest, and the couple I met was nice, but that's about all I really have I say about them. Another CS opportunity includes locally organized activities. A girl in Bucharest organized a day at the park and because they knew I was traveling through Bucharest, I was invited. It was fun to join 8 others for a picnic, boating and card games. While I was the only one who actually was traveling through, some of the locals who attended were international expats who lived in Romania - including a girl from Italy, a guy from Poland and another from India, who was moving to Africa the next day.
Everyone was welcoming and included me. If someone spoke in Romanian, they made sure to translate. We had a lot of fun on the hot day at the park.













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Herastrau Park, Bucharest, Romania

No comments:

Post a Comment